Day 9 and final day of the RPI today.
Was a great session today - learning more, recapping, then reflecting and evaluating.
I am thinking about how to sustain what I have learned in my practice, as well as implement some learnings that I have not had a chance to do properly yet.
Most important is making sure I continue to build a love of reading. Part of this that I still need to embed is the sharing what you are reading with an authentic audience. I intend to do this with show and tell time and with library time, in conjunction with the librarian.
It was reiterated today how powerful the sharing of any create task is because of the many exposures to the learning it supports (Visibility - feedback and reflection- collaborate - whanau engagement and authentic audience sharing) . I will use Schoolltalk reflection and upload functions better to help achieve this, but I do note that the Schooltalk learning log is not as conducive to an audience commenting as a Google site is.
Second, if I maintain a really structured lesson delivery - learners WILL make more than a year's progress in a year. Some of the important factors are :keeping an eye on the text coverage, Integrating where you can across the curriculum, keeping up with vocabulary teaching and practice, consistently requiring hIgher order thinking skills, ensuring I have routine opportunities to collaborate and build agency, improving my level and quality of feedback and make it more rewindable, and getting whanau more involved, and to track independent work closely. I also need to embed effective instructional strategies and tools as appropriate across the village team.
My spreadsheet helps to remind me of all my learnings, and my progress in implementing, embedding and sustaining them.
Thank you to the amazing presenters on this course.
No comments:
Post a Comment